Friday, February 13, 2009

How beautiful the simple...

Today is one of those days you wish you could blow off work and go frolic in a meadow, take a walk down Memory Lane and snap a shot of an old man buying a newspaper from a newspaper stand. It's the perfect to day sit out on your porch, sip a cup of iced green tea and write a letter to a dear friend on old fashioned stationary. 

Days like today put me in the mood to write a song or create something out of nothing. 

It brings out the inner child in me and inspires me to play "lost kids" and make chicken soup out of tree bark once more. 

Days like this give me courage to try things I would not normally try... makes me feel like anything is possible.

It brings to the fore front of my mind the dreams which have been put up on a shelf, shoved off to the side, buried under a pile of to-do lists... dreams that can still come to pass. 

 A day like today reminds me of how the simple things really are the most beautiful. 



3 comments:

  1. I love you and I am sooo excited about your blog!!! Love, Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you got one of these, and I look forward to "following" you :) I decided to get one too, and I promise I did not design it on purpose to copy yours...it looks remarkably similar... but I'm looking to sharing a blogging life :)

    ReplyDelete